We are introducing big changes in the library service in County Monaghan. Public Libraries in Ireland are working together to create one joint library catalogue, using a shared computer system. Monaghan will be joining this new system in March, which will offer greater access to stock from all 344 public libraries in Ireland – you will have access to almost 9 million items of stock!!! Wow….
So what are the changes for you the customer?
• It will be easier to search and request items, and get recommendations using the new shared library catalogue
• You will have a much wider range of books and other items to choose from
• You can borrow up to 12 items for 3 weeks from any branch in the country
• We will send you a reminder, by email, to let you know that your books are due back, to avoid fines; that items you requested are ready for collection and to let you know about library events
• New online area with improved access to borrower’s accounts, making it easier to update your items from home so you never need to pay an overdue fine again…
• You will be charged a fine of 0.05c per day per item not returned or renewed on time.
• You MUST have your library card with you every time you visit the library to borrow books or use the internet as library staff will have limited access to borrower accounts.
There will be some teething problems as we introduce our new computer system and make these changes, please bear with us during this transition.
In order to facilitate this upgrade, there will be inevitable closures while the current system is being disabled. Please note Ballybay library will be closed on the following dates: 27th, 28th February, 1st March.
February is Amnesty Month – No Fines, No Questions @ Ballybay Library:
Did you forget to return your books? Well here is your opportunity to return your overdue items to the library during the month of February and pay no Fines!! Yes you have read that right – NO FINES for the month of February. So what are you waiting for, return those books as soon as possible and save yourself some cash…